History of the Puyallup Lions
The Puyallup Lions was chartered in April 1954 by a group of business men that wanted to make a difference in the greater Puyallup Community. These men assisted the community in many ways including the building of the original baseball fields at Wildwood Park. They were also very active in youth sports and at one time sponsored a 16-U baseball tournament for boys.
The Puyallup Lions have been very active in the preservation of sight in our community. They have purchased equipment for the hospital that allowed for the examination and treatment of eye injuries in the emergency room. We have provided countless pairs of eyeglasses to those in need, especially the children in our community.
In the late 1980's Lions opened their doors to women members. This has allowed for our organization to gain strength and has provided for the opportunity for families to serve together and make their communities a better place.
Today, the Puyallup Lions consists of a group of men and women who are working to make their community a great place to live in. We truly assist those most in need as well as support our Seniors and Youth.
Specifially, the Puyallup Lions Club supports vision screening, youth activities, scholarships to local schools, as well as many other projects that make Puyallup a city worth living in.
Please consider joining us and making a difference in your community. [download membership form]